Order high quality handcrafted Shea butter for your business here
Toontibo sells traditionally high quality handcrafted Shea butter to companies that require top quality ànd a fair product. We provide ethical sourced Shea butter in a Fair Chain trading model.
Building a sustainable chain
Toontibo’s purpose is to build a sustainable chain in Shea butter trading that adds value to the source, Africa. Toontibo is co-owned by Dipaliya Women’s Association, producer of shea butter in Ghana, Africa. We pay the processors above the average fees, we give back to the community ánd build a sustainable ecosystem. We do all that by selling Shea butter – the women’s gold – to the cosmetics and food industry.
- Abundance is there, the divide is unfair.
- We consider it a basic human right that people earn a decent income, including the women processing the high quality handcrafted Shea butter.
- We aim to create conditions where money (profit) is used and divided transparently, adding value to the whole processing chain – a sustainable chain.
- We do not help the women; we co-create with them.
- We do not compete on price – we create value for money.
- We talk our walk.
- We have a true partnership-based collaboration with the Dagomba tribe.
- Over the past 5 years Dipaliya Women’s Association has produced 125.000 kg Shea butter on contract base for international traders and companies.
- We have reduced the processing costs for the women from 80% to 20%.
- We have built and opened a large center for traditional handcraft of Shea Butter.
- We planted 400 new trees.
- We manage the center in alignment with community and chieftaincy values.
- The women and communities are empowered in becoming self-sufficient through learning by doing in a facilitated program.
- Local radio and Chiefs have been praising this initiative as an example to follow by other communities.
- With Toontibo we have established a Netherlands based trading company, co-owned by the women processors in Ghana.
Toontibo offers you
Do you want to stay informed about our mission to build a sustainable chain, where the producers get paid above poverty rate? Subscribe and you will receive our updates!